The College Library
THE VISION OF THE COLLEGE LIBRARY
To reflect the values and needs of the College and be the hub from which all intellectual activities radiate to all academic and research programmes.
MISSION OF THE COLLEGE LIBRARY
To be the most widely used and influential health information resource centre (Library) in Nigeria, by assisting clients to obtain timely and current print and electronic information for training, study, research and delivery of best professional practices.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE COLLEGE LIBRARY
Many people die every day, often for the simple reason that the parent, care giver or health worker lacks the information and knowledge they need to prevent diseases and save them.
• To encourage study, research and services in community preventive health care by providing information in a pleasant, inviting and conducive environment for clients and information worker.
• To provide health information services to clients in co-operation with other health or information agencies within and outside Nigeria.
• To acquire process, customize and preserve Health information/Health evidences in diverse formats (Print and electronic, etc) that should satisfy the general and specific information needs of the academic programmes of the College.
• To provide access and timely retrieval of print and electronic information.
• To establish a health information net work for community health practitioners, students, trainers and researchers for information exchange and professional excellence.
• To promote reading and advice clients on the reading needs where necessary.
• To inculcate information skills in the clients through users education.
• To always base information service on clients needs analysis which should be reviewed periodically.